Sunday, March 7, 2010

Labor and Delivery: 34 weeks

When they tell you that your baby who is due April 18 could potentially come the beginning to middle of March you don't get a very good feeling.

To make a long story short I have been battling high blood pressure and edema in my legs and feet. They told me if I noticed any headaches or blurred vision to call the doctor. On March 6, 2010 I called the doctor because I had been fighting a nasty headache for a couple of days, nothing was helping. They had me go into labor and delivery and get checked out. They monitored my BP and did fetal monitoring for about 4 hours and sent me home. The next day my headache continued and then I saw something scary...black spots. I had a moment of panic but imediatly called the doctor and they had me come in again. Now I have been here pretty much all day and need to stay over night. I am doing a 24 hour urine catch to check for protien in my urine. They also have me a shot in the butt (ouch!) which is steriods to stregthen baby Camryn's lungs just in case they need to induce me.

I knew tht induction was a possibility but at 34 weeks those are not the words you want to hear. So here I sit by myself in the hospital waiting for Dan to return....with some food of course...

I was able to spend the day with friends Jess and Lisa who took good care of me while Dan was away at his conference. If it were not for them I would probably be going bonkers.

Now we will just wait to see what the pee has to say!


No comments:

Post a Comment

fall

Followers