Thursday, February 25, 2010

Camryn's Room

Dan and I began preparing our home office for baby Camryn's new room a few months ago! The biggest step was cleaning everything out and taking items off the walls. This part was very hard for Dan since most everything in the room was his. I think I only saw him shed one or two tears. We packed up all the items and took them back home with us. One day when we have a larger house Dan will get to have his space again!

We decided on our bedding a long time ago. Dan and I both liked some of the items from the Oragnic Mix and Match collection at The Gap. We have purchased the quilt, crib sheets, and mobile from here.

The next change was painting the walls. We took one of the crib sheets in Home Depot and had the man there do a color match with one of the colors from the sheet.I knew that I did not want to do pink so we picked the lighter brown color. Dan started the painting right away and did a fantastic job!

The other day we purchased her crib and set that up. It was hard work but Dan really did a great job. I assisted and attempted to follow the directions but he did most of the work. Right now we do not have a crib mattress but Dan did order it.

The most recent addition to the room has been the letters I painted for her name. Yesterday Dan hung each pink and green letter on the wall. They look so good, he did an awesome job with that project. I am definitly impressed because I could not have done what he did.

We still have to purchase the changing table/dresser but IKEA is out of them right now. After that we will do lots of organizing and will be ready for Cam to make her grand apprerence.

The room before we began working on it...

1 comment:

fall

Followers